8 inch car subwoofers are designed to deliver good sound at lows, mids and even very high frequencies. Because of the size, they are built specially for cars with narrow space of installation. One cannot then underrate their performance judging from the size. They are engineered to be paired with your car speakers via a terminal post rather than the recessed binding posts. Listed below are top best 8 inch subwoofer for car.
However, It is important to critically examine your car’s OEM size and space when planning to make a purchase so that there will be no mistake either in the size required or compatibility with your car audio system.
As there is a long list of subwoofers out there with good and average performance. We believe you want to obtain the best that is why you have chosen perseverance in research over rushing to buy the first subwoofer that jumps at you. Well, worry not because we are here to help you make a good buying decision.
1. CT SOUNDS 8 inch Car Subwoofer
The CT Sounds Subwoofer is a perfect match of high-quality components with beautiful craftsmanship and the purpose of the CT Sounds logo carved on the dust-cap is to differentiate it from imitations.
The 8-inch CT SOUNDS Car Subwoofer is engineered to deliver 500watts peak power handling and 250watts RMS power conveniently.
It also comes with dual 4-Ohm, 2 inch Voice Coils, powerful and versatile base subs, rubber surround with easy installation process.
This high-quality construction, massive sound and long-lasting performing subwoofer makes your movies, music and sports listening a thrilling experience. The 8-inch subwoofer showcase gives your car an elegant look especially when placed in your trunk.
Compatibility is not an issue with this sub as it is suitable for almost all vehicles. This CT SOUND 8” subwoofer is engineered with high quality surrounded rubber for maximum durability and higher efficiency.
If what you desire in a subwoofer is quality and performance then the CT sound is a good pick. This subwoofer takes 250watts RMS power with 500watts peak power handling to deliver high sound resonance.
Its dual voice coil can handle tremendous power at high volumes and take the quality of your audio system to the next level.
Furthermore, this gadget uses Y30 graded triple-stacked ferrite magnet to enhance its powerful audio production which makes it one of the highly rated even in comparison with more pricey sub.
- A great addition to any stereo system as it produces loud, clean base.
2. Skar Audio IX-8 D2 8″ Car Subwoofer
This IX series is all you need if you desire a price-friendly, clean and performance-oriented subwoofer setup in your car. Skar Audio IX-8 D2 is 8 inch dual 2-0hm impedance car subwoofer carries 300watts maximum power and 150watts RMS power.
This sub is made of 2inch BASV premium voice coil, advanced airflow cooling design, high-strength pressed paper cone and foam surround to make it lightweight and produce crisp sound.
Its frequency response ranges from 30Hz to 350 Hz while it comes with 83.2dB sensitivity. Also, they share compatibility with both vented and sealed applications.
Skar audio features a single slug premium ferrite magnet that is combined with a 2-inch-high quality voice coil to drive this conservatively rated subwoofer.
- Compatible with both vented and sealed compartments
- Produce deep bass.
- Easy installation
- Delivers great and crisp sound production
- Air may leak out if you do not put the factory screws back in original holes
- It can be punchy around 70Hz with enough power, but it is weak in high and mid bass
3. Rockville RW8CA 8” Low Profile Under-Seat Car Subwoofer
Rockville 8 inch RW8CA is an under-seat powered 600watts low profile active car subwoofer that comes sealed with a line-out converter.
Paired with in-built amplifier which is a plus as you do not need to purchase extra amplifier. You will find a manual in the package and this manual will help your installation process as it clearly simplifies the entire installation and wiring process.
When you turn off your music signal the amplifier built into this subwoofer system will automatically turn itself off. Using the high level input is also the fastest and easiest way to install an aftermarket amp subwoofer combination since you do not have to remove the receiver.
The package comes with bass remote, 600watts maximum power and 150watts RMS. This subwoofer enclosure comes only in 2.7” thickness which can easily fit under your car seat without taking extra space.
- Manual with simplified installation process
- Built with a smart circuit system that automatically turns on your radio.
- Less complicated wiring system
- This model is CEA-2006 compliant
- Under-seat subwoofer thus freeing your car space
- Engineered with amazing controls that tweak the sound to your liking.
- The package comes with enclosed remote bass knob and mounting hardware
4. Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-8” Punch P3S 8″ Shallow Subwoofer
Rockford Fosgate 8 inches P3SD4-8 Punch P3S comes with 4-Ohm, DVC Shallow Subwoofer, 300watts maximum power and RMS of 150watts.
This subwoofer is designed to deliver punchy bass in a tight space thanks to its low profile mounting depth design. The Punch P3SD4-8 is a slim 8 inch 4-Ohm dual voice coil subwoofer with 150watts RMS and 300watts maximum power handling blended with custom 10-AWG nickel plated push terminals.
Also, you won’t have to worry about the danger of overheating as the motor cooler is well ventilated even when in use. Its new hybrid stamp-cast basket provides super strength and minimizes weight and resonance to enhance its quality delivery.
- Optimized for both sealed and vented enclosures
- Manufacturer’s one-year warranty
- Designed to deliver punch and big bass
- Features anodized aluminum cones and dust caps.
- Well ventilated always
- Except you buy from an authorized dealer of the company, you cannot enjoy the warranty
5. Kicker 43CWR84 CompR 8” 4-Ohm Subwoofer
Kicker 43CWR84 CompR 8-inch subwoofer comes with 4-Ohm impedance, 300watts RMS Power, 600watts peak power handling and dual voice coil.
This subwoofer generates crisp music and makes you feel every thump and thrum of sound coming from its 8 inch enclosure.
It is engineered with 4-Ohm dual voice coil for quality sound and wiring flexibility and stacked magnet structure for power handling.
However, for optimal sound, use sealed sub boxes between 0.4 and 1 cubic feet or vented sub boxes between 0.8 and 1.2 cubic feet. As it performs better with sealed or ported sub enclosure with 400 watts minimum of recommended power
- Delivers great performance
- Delivers good power handling and control
- Handles power well.
- Provide excellent thermal management.
- Installation requires 4.13-inch mounting depth and 7-inch mounting diameter
- Not great for jeep
- Does not fit perfectly in OEM housing
6. JBL Stage810-8 inch car Audio Subwoofer
This 8 inches JBL Stage 810 car audio subwoofer is a quality leading JBL car subwoofer engineered to deliver to you high-output and low-distortion bass with power handling capable of up to 800watts power.
It’s hi-roll rubber surround and stiff polypropylene woofer cone provide high-efficiency and durability to best interface with a variety of amplifiers.
- High-output and low-distortion bass
- Features up to 800watts peak power handling capability
- 200watts RMS.
- If what you are looking out for is a heavy bass sound, this is not the speaker for you
7. Kicker 44CWCD84 CompC 8” Car Audio Subwoofer
Kicker 44CWCD84 CompC 8” comes with 4-0hm, 200watts RMS power, 400watts maximum power handling capability and dual voice coil.
This product is engineered for you to enjoy the thump and thrum music in your car while you drive around. It features a 4-ohm dual voice coil design that is built to get the most out of your power amplifier.
This subwoofer carries unique features such as injection-molded polypropylene cone, perimeter thermal venting, ribbed polyurethane surround, yellow surround stitching, high-strength tinsel leads, stamped steel basket, high-temperature voice coil, and spring-loaded speaker terminals.
- Sound and wiring flexibility
- Efficient thermal heat management
- High-strength construction and high temperature voice coil
- Rated at 200 watts RMS power and 400watts peak power
- Works best with sealed or ported sub enclosure
- For perfect installation, get 3.88-inch mounting depth and 7-inch mounting diameter
We hope you found our best 8 inch subwoofer for car review helpful, if you have a comment, review of this 8-inch subwoofer or question, kindly drop it in the box below, we will be glad to hear from you.