The type of subwoofer you may need for your car is dependent on many factors. While majority will prefer great bass notwithstanding the size of the gadget, some like just mild bass fitted in a small closet that will not be bogus at all. To quite many too, subwoofers that come with in-built amplifiers is their own best option. There are a countless number of people with individual preferences.
Upon this background, we have carefully selected as you will see below best of the best subwoofer for trucks from which you can choose and variety that will hopefully fit in to your personal choice option. We hope you will have find our review helpful.
Is Subwoofer really important
Albert Einstein once said “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” One could imagine the importance of music after reading this saying from an influential and enigmatic person who is in other words saying music is his source of inspiration.
His words alone are enough to stress the undeniable importance of music in life. You would at this point want to try to listen to music always in other to be inspired by it like it has done to Einstein and brought him a renowned greatness among men.
It must be noted that to get the right inspiration from music, you must listen to it in the right context, by context here, I mean having to listen to a piece of music in its original tune, pitch, and with the right and intended sound effect.
No matter what kind of music you love adding bass effect will make it sound better. Come to imagine wanting to listen to music in your truck with poor bass sound effect due to lack of a subwoofer to aid the bass effect that according to researches helps the brain in more efficient synchronization.
1. BassPro – JBL 8” 125W RMS
This soft start-on subwoofer is one of the best products from JBL, which is a renowned and one of the top brands in car speakers manufacturing companies.
The sub can perfectly fit in to your Wrangler Jeep, GMC, Toyota Tacoma and other mini trucks. It comes with a great bass that can shake your whole car when your volume is turned higher without rattling the trunk.
Gives good vibration you will love if you are a bit fussy when it comes to issues of music. It is easy-to-install within a period of not more than 2-3 hours and occupies just little space preferably under or back of the rear seats of your truck.
The volume adjustment knob is superb and the BassPro JBL itself glitters, looking elegant than what one can turn away from!
- Weight 10.36 pounds
- Dimensions 17.2 x 14.8 x 6.7 inches
- Model No. BASSPROSL
- ASIN B01ABC5NVM
- Built with LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators
- Soft start turn-on
- Comes with heavy bass sound
- 125W RMS Powered Under-Seat Compact Subwoofer Enclosure System
- High Speaker-level inputs with Auto-on Audio Sense
- Carries 3-way protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)
- Built with wired Bass Remote Controller
- Additional cost to procure GTO-RBC device to boost its performance
- Unstable power level
- Size may discourage some buyers
2. Rockville RW8CA
The Rockville RW8CA is all you need to deliver great sounding bass in your car without taking too much of your space. It comes with a case not thicker than 2.7” to fit perfectly under your car seat without any hazel.
It comes also with built-in amplifier which enables you to enjoy a -2-in-one facility for just a price leaving you out of the troubles of having to wire both the subwoofer and an extra amplifier separately.
This easy-to-install gadget is designed with high level input of sensor that picks signals through the help of the smart circuit from your stereo without having to use a remote to ‘On’ or ‘Off’ it.
All the inputs and outputs are built on one side thus making wiring much more-easier and neater. The power rating is compliant with industrial standard and you need not exercise any fear or doubt about its efficiency and effective power delivery.
More so, the company guaranteed a refund of your payment should you not be satisfied with the performance within 30 days of purchase within which you can return the gadget and collect your money back.
What’s more, it can be easily slided under your seat thereby saving you the trouble of looking for space to either hang or fix it.
- Wireless Remote Control
- In-built Bluetooth
- Comes with in-built amplifier
- FM Radio Built-In- tune to your favorite FM radio stations
- Compact and lightweight system
- Ergonomically shaped side handle for easy carrying and setup
- Built on high Level Inputs with Auto Turn-On Technology
- Comes with adjustable Input Sensitivity
- Built with soft Delayed Remote Turn-On
- Thermal Protection Circuit, Short Protection Circuit
- Overload Protection Circuit installed
- Comes with Subwoofer Level Remote Control
- Power peak of 600wats may not be sufficient if used more often
- 150Watts RMS too small to delivery heavy bass
3. ALPHINE PWE – S8
Made by Alpine Electronics, PWE-S8 has redefined in a stylish form its compact powered 8” subwoofer for your music enjoyment while on the road with no much ado about space allocation.
It comes with quad-coil to reinforce its sound delivery and render the crispiest effect you can ever imagine. It not only allows you to add heavy bass to your car stereo but utilizes its installed 120Watts capacity to deliver strong bass output you will love.
Lovely fitted compactly at the trunk of your sedan, under or back of your pick-up seat as well as in the hatch of your SUV or just anywhere you desire.
Its compact side panel gives easy access to Gain, LP crossover, Phase and remote sub level controls to deliver superb flexibility when installing.
- Delivers deep accurate bass output
- Occupies less space as it comes handy
- Constructed in metal for ultimate durability
- Easy access to RCA and auto-sensing speaker inputs.
- Phase, Gain, LP Crossover and Remote Sub Level controls can easily be located
- Fitted anywhere in the vehicle
- Dimensions: 340mm W x 230mm H x 75mm D
- Weight: 4.6kg
- Frequency Response: 25 ~ 152Hz
- Variable Low-Pass Crossover: 80 ~ 200 Hz
- Variable Phase Control: 0°/180°
- Compact Powered Subwoofer
- Built-In amplifier (120W RMS/240W MAX)
- 8” Subwoofer with High-Excursion Cone
- RCA (0.1-4V) / Speaker Input (1.5-30V Auto)
- Mounting Hardware Included
- Remote Bass Level Knob Included
- Very durable as it comes in cast metal construction
- Its side panel allows for easy access to RCA and the auto-sensing speaker inputs.
- Comes with mounting Hardware for easy installation
- Remote Bass Level Knob Included
- Its PWE-S8 allows additional deep and accurate bass
- Just compact in size: 340mm wide, 230mm tall and just 75mm deep,
- Its wide dimension may create space problem
- It’s too strong bass output may distort sound
- Weight of 4.6kg may be too heavy for some buyers
4. Kenwood KSC-SW11
This ‘small but mighty’ gadget is poised to surprise you with impressive bass sound. The Kenwood’s KSC-SW11 powered subwoofer might look small, but undeniably one of the best you can think of if you are one that get go with heavy and big bass with a small compact packaging.
You have this bass-engine better under your seat from where it sends out low-frequency response matching what a larger subwoofer can deliver at any moment.
If you are threatened not to have additional sub because of space, Kenwood KSC SW11 is what to go for. Can easily be installed within a short period in your Porsche, Mitsubishi, Honda and Toyota etc.
If you are a music-freak person always gingered by filtering sound but drives a car that carries thin doors thus restricted to a smaller speaker selection that cannot reproduce your desired bass, this is just the answer to your prayer.
- 150W peak power Powered subwoofer
- Aluminum Die-cast frame
- Noise-less sound
- Wired remote (Level/Freq./phase control)
- Line (RCA) + speaker level input
- Output Wattage 150 watts
- Vehicle Speaker Size 8.25 inch
- Can suitably fit under seat
- Powered, needs no external amplifier
- Comes with remote bass and power control
- Comes with ground wire harness
- Dimensions: 11 x 7.5 x 2.75 inches
- Model No: 21549898
- Weight: 4.5 Kilograms
- ASIN: B00BO8O9XQ
- Very compact, powerful and elegant
- Comes with wired remote control with attached 16.4′ cord
- Supplied with 14′ Speaker-level input cable
- Comes with manufacturer’s 1-year warranty
- Buyers assured of money-back in 60 days if performance is unsatisfactory
- Amplifier draws much power
- Additional cost to be expended on accessories
- 2 mounting brackets required
5. Kicker 11HS8
This novelty hideaway compact powered subwoofer fits in almost anywhere and everywhere while still delivering quality performance kickers’ products are known for.
It is just a little above 3” high and can flush under many seats and even in storage areas least expected of a powered subwoofer! It comes with bass that will fill and fit every space in your car, backed by its in-built 150watts RMS amplifier to give a punchy definition to any music of your choice.
kicker 11HS8 would be perfect for your 4Runner, Prado and Wrangler, give to savor the amazingly impressive performance in your car audio system.
- Ultra-compact powered subwoofer system designed for tight locations
- 8-inch internal subwoofer
- Delivers low frequency output
- Standard bass performance
- Compact size in a hideaway space
- Comes with Molex plug and harness entails power, signal and remote turn on.
- Comes with remote bass control to fine-tune bass level
- Features high and low levels for integration
- It provides a quick connect power plug and Velcro fastened nylon straps for secure installation
- Comes with adjustable low pass crossover, variable +6dB bass boost and phase canceling switch
- Comes to add pounding BASS to your car audio system
- 150-watt (RMS, 14.4v) power amplifier
- Dimensions 13.78 x 9.45 x 3.15 inches
- Weight 13.55 pounds
- ASIN B007LQWSYC
- Model No. 11HS8
- Comes with metal bracket (for mounting remote bass level control)
- Packaged with remote bass level control
- Space for this gadget is not a problem as it comes handy
- Comes with great bass to fill the whole car interior
- Good for Toyota and other high-end SUVs
- Its in-built 150 watts RMS amplifier will draw power too thus putting more power pressure
- Additional cost as its speakers need preamp-level signal using optional adapter.
6. DUAL ELECTRONICS SBP8A illumiNITE
This high-performance powered enclosed subwoofer comes with in-built amplifier driven by 160watts power at its peak. It comes with an increased output capacity to deliver an incredibly robust output due to its specialized tune-port and computer supported design.
It is built with genuine 2” voice coils which increase the efficiency of its sound production to guarantee a consistently low bass for those that love it.
The optimized subwoofers are engineered carefully to deliver mid bass thus providing great power handling up to 160 watts at its peak, 80 watts RMS at a 2Ohm impedance and frequency ranging between 20Hz and 200Hz for unequaled sound superiority.
It takes little space to fit into your SUV, Toyota or Honda series. This 8” dual electronic SBP8A illumiNITE comes with curved-acrylic viewing window that create a great viewing experience through its polished aluminum designed body while its ventilated control circuitry systems cool down at its peak usage period to reach its qualitative performance level.
The built-in crossovers in the subwoofer allows for easy installation by enhancing simple connection to your car with freedom of choice in the style you may choose to set up or play your music.
- Powered Enclosed 8″ Subwoofer with Amplifier
- Comes with specialized tuned port and 2” voice coils
- Delivers accurate and efficient bass output
- Built with ventilated control circuitry system to deliver continuous coolness
- Comes with in-built amplifier
- Dimension: 15.35” W X 9.22” D X 15.35” H
- RMS Power: 80 Watts
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-200Hz
- Low Level (RCA): 10k Ohms
- High Level (Speakers): 2K Ohms
- Input Sensitivity (RCA): 50mV – 3V
- Crossover Frequency: 70Hz – 200Hz
- Crossover Slope: 6dB/octave
- Phase: 0-180 degrees
- Fuse: 7.5A
- Constructed with steel-stamped and chrome back plate
- Comes with manufacturer’s 1-year warranty
- Fitted with and powered by in-built amplifier
- Comes with in-built crossovers within the subwoofers
- Built with great mid bass
- Takes just little space in your SUV or Honda series
- Provides great power handling of up to 160watts
- As it comes with subwoofer amp, more power is drawn and more pressure on the battery
- Installation may require an expert
7.INFINITY BASSLINK SM 8
Infinity basslink SM8 comes with very tight and punchy bass which can also be fitted under driver’s seat conveniently. Comes with dual control ability either from the head unit or on itself, you will not be disappointed at the performance.
Built with user’s convenience in mind for midsize truck as it fits in accurately to the space provided without having to make additional drilling.
Though it may not win any bass competition or wake up your neighbors abruptly but it handles lows and mids perfectly but it comes at a budget friendly price.
It is instructive to note that it is however not meant for a driver that enjoys filling his car with enormous speakers and volumes great enough to pull down a weak fence. Suitable for your Jeep Wrangler, GMC, Chrysler and TJ console for enjoyable driving.
- Comes with a shallow-profile subwoofer driver
- Built with an ultra-compact purposely-engineered ABS enclosure
- Rated efficient Class D amplifier
- This gadget enjoys dual control system
- Enjoys space economy as it does not need large space for installation
- Custom circuitry to protect and provide optimum performance
- Requires ground wiring harness for effective installation
- Amplifier power request may put more pressure on car battery
Pioneer TS-WX130DA is a subwoofer engineered to be used for a long period customary of the company’s other products characteristics.
This subwoofer is noted for its excellent performance, high power delivery and perfect sound production. Pioneer TS-WX130 is versatile.
Its deep bass option makes it sound like a sealed enclosure while it sounds like a ported enclosure when in dynamic setting. It delivers the best if you can hook it just with the RCA low level inputs out of a separate head unit.
Installing it is hitch-free as finding its ground wire is not cumbersome compared with some others and can easily be recommended for vehicles that has little space or drivers that do not want to drill extra space for a gigantic sub.
It needs just little external control to deliver its best as it does hit hard and deep down to something below 20Hz. It can perfectly be slipped under the driver’s seat in your mid-size SUV to give amazing sound.
- Promise to deliver as its built with 50W nominal Aluminum cone
- Comes with Urethane surround to boost its sound better
- Its Digital Bass Control monitors its frequency response to boost performance
- Comes with Phase and bass modes remote control
- Pioneer TS-WX130DA is Compact 8″ x 5. 25″ and utilizes little space
- Its high Speaker-level inputs with Auto-on Audio Sense may create problems later
- The ground and Remote screw-down connections may make installation cumbersome
- Additional accessories required may cost more
9. CERWIN – VEGA MOBILE VPAS10
Cerwin-Vega mobile VPAS10 is an active powered subwoofer enclosure that consists of active 10” sub amplified for great output. Packed in a solid cast-aluminum framed body for superior heat dissipation, this gadget compactly fits into the tightest space during installation without compromising great performance. It can be easily installed into Toyota, Mitsubishi, Mazda and other sport utility vehicles.
- Comes with very slim 2-ohm subwoofer
- Its body cast in aluminum to dissipate heat
- Cerwin Vega mobile Vpas-10 comes with easy-to-install enclosure
- Utilizes just little space in your car thanks to its compactness
- Comes with thermal protection circuit
- Built with adjustable Input Sensitivity
- Packaged with RCA and high-level inputs
- Size may hamper production and performance
- Requires additional accessories hence additional cost
WHAT IS A SUB-WOOFER?
A sub-woofer is a special loudspeaker designed to reproduce the low frequency effects channel (LFE) also known as bass or sub-bass that cannot be generated by a woofer.
WHAT ARE SUB-WOOFERS FOR TRUCKS???
Subwoofers for trucks are loud speakers designed to be accommodated by a truck and produced bass effects with frequencies ranging between 20H-200Hz and 10Hz-150Hz for improved versions, offering an escapade of intense bass music to refresh the soul.
There are basically two types of subwoofers namely active or powered subwoofer and passive subwoofer. The active or powered subwoofer has attached to its design; an amplifier which means it can readily power itself and will need no help from an amplifier to function, all it needs to be initiated is a power supply.
On the other hand, passive subwoofers are just built as speaker with no amplifier attached which means they cannot but need an amplifier to function, in which case the only outlet it has is the one that will connect it to the amplifier.
WHAT DO I NEED TO INSTALL SUB-WOOFERS IN MY TRUCK?
ACTIVE OR POWERED SUB-WOOFER
Notwithstanding the differences in types of subwoofer you purchased for your truck, the first thing to be considered before installation of subwoofers or just any device in your truck is space.
First thing to create is a suitable space to harbor your subwoofer. The suitability of the space will however be determined by the type of subwoofer.
Speaking of active subwoofer, it already has an amplifier which generates heat that will require a well-ventilated space in the vehicle. Also, you might want to consider accommodating it in a position not too difficult to approach.
As you will eventually discover after purchase, a powered subwoofer does not in most cases come with the essential wiring, hence the need to purchase an amplifier wiring kit which is made up of cables and fuses that are prerequisites for the connection.
HOW TO INSTALL A POWERED SUB-WOOFER
- First measure to be taken after placing the subwoofer in the most appropriate position inferred by the rules guiding space consideration is a safety precaution of removing battery connections before starting
- Disconnecting one terminal is enough to avert possible dangers that could be caused on the part of the truck’s power supply.
- Next step will be connecting the power cable to the battery terminals on the other end, in some cases, the power cable is already fused but in cases where cables are not fused, you are expected to cleave the cable putting into consideration the distance coverage required of the cable and strip the insulation at both ends in other to connect it to the fuse.
- After which you are to ensure the connection is perfectly fixed by tightening the bolts in order to avoid leakage of current, and also place the fuse in a comfortable position, preferably somewhere close to battery.
- You can pass the other end to be connected to the subwoofer through the firewall provided in the engine trunk of the truck leading to the main cabin.
- After gaining access to the main cabin, pass the cable preferably under the carpet or the trim panels to avoid interference with the actions in the main cabin.
- Continue in this route until you end up at the position of your subwoofer. Just after connecting it to the power source, the next thing to do is to connect the turn-on wires and the signal cables to your stereo. The style of connection now depends on the kind of stereo available in the truck.
- If it is a stereo with preamplifier outputs, you run the cables through the opposite side of your power cable to the stereo; this is majorly to prevent the friction effect produced from the closeness or contact of power cables and signal cables leading to unnecessary sounds.
- At the stereo end, you will connect your turn-on wire to the remote control turn-on, at this point; read the trucks owner’s manual to prevent wrong connections, the signal cables should also be connected in their opposite outputs.
- In a case where the stereo has no outlets for connection, you simply tap into the cables attached to the speaker wires behind your stereo, or directly from your available in-built speaker and connect from your speaker level input and control the turn-on and turn-off from your turn-on button on the subwoofer.
- The next step is grounding your amplifier. Your amplifier has a ground wire that should be connected to the truck’s chassis.
- Connect the ground cable to a nearby bolt that is connected to the chassis, scrap off the paint to make contact directly with the bare chassis to ensure an effective result from the connection. Clasp the cable in a safeguarded tactic to the bolt and reclose the bolt.
- Finally, after ensuring that all cables are connected with tender arcs to guarantee long-lasting and effective connections, turn down all volume related buttons on the amplifier and reconnect your battery.
- Authenticate that your subwoofer turns on as soon as you power your truck and YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.
AHA… The end it seems, we appear to all have been carried away and forgotten that there are still passive subwoofers in which case there it is just the right choice for trucks with amplifiers.
Connecting this is not so nerve-racking, all that needs to be considered is space and after finding a suitable place you connect to the port provided on the amplifier to which the subwoofer output can be easily connected.
We hope you found our best subwoofer for trucks review and its installation helpful , if you have a comment or question, leave it in the box below, we will be glad to hear from you.