To get the very best performance from any subwoofer most especially the monos, attaching an amplifier will not be a bad idea. It is not that without it you will not listen to music at all, but if your desire is to get your quality sound playing at all frequencies required; the lows, mids and the highs at the grade you would love to enjoy, having to get an amp with your subwoofer becomes a necessity rather than luxury. BEST CAR MONO SUBWOOFER AMPLIFIER ARE DISCUSSED
1. Hifonics BXX4000.1D Brutus Class D Mono Car Subwoofer Amplifier
HILFONICS BXX4000.1D Brutus Class D mono car subwoofer amplifier comes with 4000watts RMS power and 1-0hm impedance. Its frame and body work is cast in aluminum alloy while the inner panel is made of durable materials and the wire panels are insulated against each other for sustainable performance and durability.
It has its company name imprinted on its surface to prevent dust entry and to protect you from buying the imitated brand. The outer panels are laced with vents which allow proper ventilation and guide against excessive heat that may cause damages.
- Occupies little car space
- Supports your subwoofer to deliver the required performance
- It is affordable
- With the right gauge wire, you can install it yourself within few minutes
- This subwoofer amplifier draws more power; you may need to get a very strong battery to drive it if optimum performance is required.
2. BOSS Audio Systems AR3000D Class D Car Subwoofer amplifier
BOSS Audio Systems AR3000D Mono-block Class D is a digital car subwoofer amplifier that comes with 3000watts maximum power, 1 Ohm stable and MOSFET power supply.
Classified as Class D, its power loss is significantly reduced to make way for high efficiency performance. It stores excess energy until it is needed rather than converting it to heat.
Its strapping capability enables you to strap two AR3000D amplifiers, thereby doubling the power that is being sent to your subwoofers and you can choose to connect more subwoofers taking advantage of the extra power
The variable subsonic filter filters out frequencies below your subwoofer’s standard low frequency limits to prevent it from bottoming out.
The Subwoofers are assisted by the variable low pass crossover to reproduce sound based on a number of different low-range frequencies which also allows you to set exact sound specifications for its bass frequency reproduction.
- Its strapping capability enables you to strap two AR3000D amplifiers and double the power
- The variable subsonic filter filters out frequencies
3. Audiopipe APMN-2000 RMS Class D Monoblock Subwoofer Amplifier
Audiopipe APMN is a class D mono-block subwoofer amplifier that is built to deliver 2000watts RMS power to boost the performance of your subwoofer and improve the audio benefits you desire in your car.
It also comes with 4-0hm 770watts by one channel, dwells well between 30-180Hz frequency response range and 40 – 180Hz LPF. Packaged with extra 150A AFC fuse and fuse holder, 1 remote bass knob and 1 0hm stable.
The bass knob is a super smooth metal that stays well in its position. It is affordable and can be installed without many problems if you follow the instructions in the installation manual. If all you need is a 2000 watts RMS powered engine or thereabout that can drive your 300watts or more subwoofer, no hesitation as this is a good choice.
- Gives enough power to drive your subwoofer successfully to full capacity
- Delivers good bass performance
- It requires careful and professional installation process as the ground wire must be attached to the frame of your car for it to work without hissing and hazels
- More than 1 gauge wire will cause overheating
- This brand of audiopipe could not deliver accurately even with enough power from two large batteries.
4. Planet Audio AC5000.1D Class D Car Subwoofer Amplifier
Planet Audio AC5000.1D Class D Car subwoofer amplifier is built to deliver maximally with 5000watts peak power and 1 Ohm Stable. It is a mono-block mosfet power supplied product that is packaged with an exquisite subwoofer remote control.
Its power loss is significantly reduced because it stores energy till when it will be needed instead of converting it to heat thus making the amplifier highly efficient and one of the best in saving you extra cost.
You have the ability to connect more than one subwoofer with the advantage of double power this amplifier supplies your subs.
With its 1 Ohm stable, the subwoofer amplifier is able to continuously power loads of 1 Ohm without encountering difficulties such as overheating and hissing.
The variable subsonic filter filters out frequencies below your subwoofer’s prescribed low frequency limits thus preventing it from bottoming out.
You are given the privilege to strap this amplifier to another AC5000.1D for double performance. With 5000watts maximum power and MOSFET power supply, this amplifier drives up the bass in your car audio.
- Allow you strap two amplifiers and double the power that is being sent to your subwoofers
- Engineered with low pass crossover which allows your subwoofer to reproduce sound
- Comes with bass boost knob which allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range
5. Sound Storm EV1500M Evolution Monoblock MOSFET car subwoofer Amplifier
Sound Storm EV1500M Evolution MOSFET car subwoofer amplifier comes with 1500watts, 2-0hm stable and remote control. It carries 4000watts peak power, 750watts RMS power and variable bass booster.
This gadget comes with variable low pass crossover which allows your subwoofer to reproduce sound and a remote control for ease of operation.
You can drive up the bass on your car’s sound system with this powerful Sound Storm Evolution EV1500M Mono-block class A/B amplifier. With its 1500watts maximum power and MOSFET power supply, this amplifier delivers very solid bass.
You can equally customize the sound with the variable low pass crossover, bass boost and remote subwoofer control.
Evolution stylishly offers big performance and mobile audio excellence with its clean lines and simple technology.
- The variable bass boost allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range to just the way you like it.
- Its metal oxide switches from full to non-conduction for high efficiency output
- Gives good sound quality and power output with reduced distortion
- It is engineered with variable low-pass filter which give you control over the frequencies that pass through to the subwoofer.
- It will rattle the soldering loose if it is allowed to get too hot when mounted on the box
6. BOSS Audio Systems AR2000M Monoblock Car Amplifier
BOSS Audio Systems AR2000Mis a Mono-block Car subwoofer amplifier that carries 2000watts peak power, 2-4 Ohm Stable and Mosfet Power Supply.
This product comes with classes A and B topology; the class ‘A’ amplifiers have enormous amount of current flowing through their transistors with no audio signal while the Class ‘B’ amplifiers have no current flowing through its outputs with no audio signal.
It comes with a low level (RCA) input which is measured in voltages and a high level input which is measured in wattages, both essentially carry signal from the car’s receiver through the amplifier to the speakers.
Engineered with variable bass boost that allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range to whatever you like and its variable gain control is made not only to adjust the volume but also to adjust the amount of signal that is coming from the receiver going to the amplifier.
Its variable low-pass Crossover assists the subwoofers to reproduce sound based on a number of different low-range frequencies. You can set exact sound specifications for the bass frequency reproduction to your own taste and preference.
- Comes in two classes A and B that support its effective performance all the same
- Engineered with variable bass boost that allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range to whatever you like
- Its variable gain control additionally adjusts the amount of signal that is coming from the receiver going to the amplifier.
- It is made with variable low-pass Crossover that assists the subwoofers to reproduce sound based on a number of different low-range frequencies.
7. Planet Audio AC2000.2 2 Channel Car Subwoofer Amplifier
Planet Audio AC2000.2 is a 2 Channel Car subwoofer amplifier that comes with 2000watts, full range, 2-4Ohm stable and MOSFET power supply.
It comes with MOSFET electrical switch that allows smooth flow of electrical current. Also, it controls the output voltage and current precisely by removing output current sensing loss and eliminating the secondary feedback circuitry.
This mono sub amp carries double class topology with its ‘A’ class enabling amplifiers to carry enormous current flowing through its output transistors with no audio signal while the ‘B’ class of amplifiers have no current flowing and no audio signal as well.
With its variable high-pass crossover, the speakers and subwoofers reproduce sound based on high, mid or low-range frequencies. The variable high-pass-crossover then gears specifically towards highs to reduce all size speakers including mid ranges.
With a full range amplifier, you not only have the option to run your speakers, but also your subwoofers.
This product is bridgeable in the sense that it increases the power output to your speakers and subwoofers by connecting two amplifier channels for better sound production.
Apart from working as item of control for adjusting the volume, the gain variable control also adjusts the amount of signal that comes from the receiver to the amplifier for sound efficiency.
- You can connect two amplifier channels at the same time.
- Its gain variable control adjusts the amount of power that goes into the amplifier
- With 2000watts maximum power and MOSFET power supply, it can power two subwoofers at 4-Ohms conveniently
- Gives good performance
8. Kicker 46CXA12001 Car Audio Class D Amp Mono 2400W Peak Subwoofer Amplifier
Kicker 46CXA12001 Car Audio is a D class mono subwoofer amplifier that is built to carry 2400watts maximum power, 1200watts RMS power and 1-Ohm stable impedance.
This subwoofer amplifier is a class D power plant that features a variable bass boost with KickEQ to deliver as much as a 6dB of extra bump in your car audio conveniently. CX-Series amplifiers accept up to 40 volts (or 400 watts) of speaker-level input signal.
With this flexibility renders the use of line-out converters unnecessary but optimizes your sound quality. It also delivers as much as 1,200 watts all in one bass channel.
This efficient D-class amplifier automatically turns on/off delay within 3 seconds to eliminate unwanted interference while its variable 12dB crossovers provides control to dial in perfect sound.
- Comes with KickEQ 6dB variable bass boost to give those additional low frequencies.
- Its 24dB subsonic filter gives protection from potentially damaging frequencies thus allowing it to work virtually with nearly every radio.
- Accepts up to 40-volt input signal Small footprint for easier installation
- Compatible with CXARC remote bass control
- Features vertical mounting hardware that is included for another unique look
- This subwoofer amplifier will not play all the frequencies as professed
Research and previous reviews has shown that many subwoofer amplifiers perform below expectations. We have carefully selected the above products so that you can verify any of them with your own experience and come up with a view.
But generally without doubt, these items listed above are some of the best you can rely on, any time for unhindered delivery and great confidence in performance that will leave you happy and satisfied.