Like we said of 6.5 and 6 x 9 inches car speaker sizes, the specification of your OEM will determine the size you will require if you desire to change your car speakers. On this list are some best 4 inch speaker for car that will produce quality sound in your car to your satisfaction.
By the time you peruse our review of these set of quality speakers, you surely will be fed and adequately equipped with information to aid your buying decision.
1. JBL GX402 4 inch 2-Way Coaxial Car Audio (OUR TOP CHOICE)
JBL GX402 4 inch 2-Way GX series Coaxial car audio delivers 210watts peak power handling, 70watts RMS per pair and frequency response of 75-21,000Hz.
Built with 2.3 0hms nominal impedance and engineered with +1 polypropylene cone rubber speaker surround. This speaker is a great privilege for buyers who are tired of muddy mid range as it delivers clear and crispy sound effects when you use in all four doors
Even better when you have the smaller 3.5” in dash as the combination will punch out premium sound system for your delight.
It is one of the best and most efficient speakers on the market today. With its 3 0hms resistance and 92dB sensitivity, you need no amplifier to get what you want from your OEM unit head.
- Produces clear notes with great mid-range and ample amounts of lows
- Product is relatively affordable.
- An improvement over the prior setup in terms of sound production
- Shallow depth that enhances fitment into smaller speaker holes
- Woofer lip is fairly big, using maximum throw to push out heavy sound waves.
- You may need to add a small amp to get a lot of bass (if you are bass freak)
- Its woofer cone is much bigger than many 5 ¼” JBL speakers meaning that you may need to modify your stock speaker base to fit in.
2. Alpine S-S40 S-Series 4-inch Coaxial 2-Way Speakers
Alpine S-S40 is a 4” 2-way coaxial car speaker that comes in 1 pair with a 4×6 adapter plate. The package comes with carbon fiber-reinforced plastic woofer cone that is built with specialized rubber surround.
Carries a ¾” silk tweeter that handles up to 45watts RMS and about 140watts peak power with 97-22,000Hz frequency response without grilles. The speaker carries a swivel-mount for firm grip onto surface, square-wire, short voice coil and 4 0hms impedance.
- Enclosed with carbon fiber reinforced plastic woofer cone
- Powerful power handling of 280 watts peak power and 45 watts RMS per pair
- Engineered to permit free air-flow for quality sound production
- Carries a stamped basket for originality confirmation
- Has 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Works great for mids and highs but not so much for bass
3. Pioneer Ts-G4620s G-Series 2-Way Coaxial Speakers
PIONEER Ts-G4620 G-Series 4 x 6” 200 watts is a 2-way coaxial speaker. It is black and weighs 1.75pounds. That carries 30watts with MICA composite cone woofers and Pei tweeters. Includes wire extensions mounting hardware and wire harness connectors but no grilles.
- Engineered to deliver good sound with proper sealing
- Price is affordably reasonable
- Pioneer speakers are reliable
- Produces good lows, crisp mids and highs with mild bass production.
- The range on the speakers is quite good
- Compatible with almost all brands of vehicles.
- The rubber cones distort and impedes the bass accurate production
4. JBL CLUB4020 2-Way Coaxial Car Speaker
JBL CLUB4020 is a 4″ 2-way coaxial car speaker built with 180watts minimum output power, 2.35pounds weight and high sensitivity design. Delivers excellent treble and-mid range efficient sound production.
With its 4 0hms configuration, the speaker will still pull the required power from the factory head unit even with the thin factory wiring it carried.
- Pulls the required power to deliver good sound effect
- Its high sensitivity design produces delightful sound to your taste
- Produces a very tight mid-bass with crisp high notes
- Easy to install as you actually can DIY
- Comes giving good bass but may take some time
- May need professional person to install because good performance is not guaranteed at high volumes
5. Rockford Fosgate P142 Punch 4 inch; 2-Way Full Range Speaker
Rockford Fosgate 4 inches 2-way full range speaker is designed in black color. Light in weight, about 0.5pounds with 30watts maximum output power, 60watts RMS and 4-0hms impedance as well as mounting hardware together with its OEM adapter plate.
The Punch P142 is an impressive 2-way full-range speaker designed for fanatics who need a high-quality factory replacement in an easy to install package.
Features a PEI dome tweeter with in-built crossover and injection molded mineral-filled polypropylene cone. With butyl rubber surround that delivers high output and accurate frequency reproduction.
The integrated crossover ensures the right frequencies are sent to the proper driver for the best quality sound with maximum protection.
Its FlexFit basket design makes use of slots instead of single screw sized holes to allow you adjust the speaker when aligning with OEM mounting holes for a better and firmer fit. This product comes with manufacturer’s 1-year warranty.
- FlexFit basket design uses slots to align well with OEM mounting holes for a firmer fit
- Carries a rigid yet lightweight injection molded cone to minimize flex during use
- Integrated Crossover is concealed in the basket to create a cleaner look and easier installation
- Delivers amazing sound and great bass.
- Hides its crossover inside the basket, creating a cleaner look
- Easy installation
6. Kicker 43DSC44 D-Series 4-Inch 2-Way Coaxial Speakers
Kicker 43DSC44 D-Series 4” 120 watts is a 2-way coaxial speaker with a difference. Carries 120watts maximum output power, 2.7 pounds weight, thin mounting profile for firm window mechanism clearances and minimal tweeter protrusion.
Built with high sensitivity design to guarantee more output when used with stock receivers and includes grills and mounting hardware.
- It delivers great sound effects of nice treble at mids and highs
- Delivers decent amount of bass
- May require additional subwoofer to perform better
7. PYLE Car Sound Speaker – Upgraded Blue Poly Injection Cone 2-Way speaker
PYLE 4 inches 2-way car sound speaker comes with upgraded blue poly injection cones, non-fatiguing butyl rubber surround and 180watts maximum output power.
It is fixed with 110-20KHz frequency response, 4-0hms impedance and ASV voice coil. Pyle is engineered with ½” neodymium film dome tweeter and frequency response and packed with 88dB decibel sensitivity.
Its speakers are carefully combined to deliver its sound with clear and outstanding responsiveness. The non-fatiguing butyl rubber surround secures the speaker as well as prolongs its life span.
This car speaker has 4-0hms impedance rating that compensates the undersized wire today’s cars carries.
With the blue poly injection cone, your music resonates with full power.
Also, comes with ¾” ASV voice coil to increase the performance and efficiency of its play time even within higher operating temperature. This 4 inch car speaker can deliver up to 90 watts RMS or 180 watts peak power due to its 20 oz magnet structure.
- Delivers efficient performance and longevity
- Efficiency even in high temperature
- Full range sound at high and low end
- 4-0hms impedance rating and 90watts RMS
- Good mid range and high response.
- Very affordable
- Very poor low-frequency response
8. BOSS Audio Systems BE423 4 inch Car Speakers
BOSS Audio systems 4 inches is a 3-way car speaker that carries 225watts of power per pair, 4-0hms impedance, and frequency of 100Hz to 18 kHz with mounting depth of 1.75inch.
Its cone is made from polyurethane, to provide a resilient speaker that offers great sound with the advantage of long-lasting life.
The voice coil can withstand high temperatures and yet maintain its strength and fatigue properties to deliver longer play times with lower weights. The surround rubber has the ability to endure much punishment without getting damaged.
- Delivers clean and clear music output
- Highly resistant to overloads
- BOSS Audio is supported with 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- The LED lights are so micro and very unnoticeable
9. Pioneer 4 inch Speakers, Dual Cone 2-Way Speakers
Pioneer’s 4″ 2-way speakers are in set of 2, carries 150watts and comes in dual cone. Its 150watts maximum peak power handling makes it very ideal for your car stereo powerful sound generation.
Brings the power of Pioneer down to your vehicle with its high quality and crispy sound you will love. The 2-way speaker systems combine the highs and the lows of your tweeter and subwoofer together to give you a punchy rhythm.
Comes with a wide frequency range from 45kHz to 14kHz to deliver deep bass and crystal-clear vocals. The price at which it comes will not break your bank.
- Delivers clear highs and reliable lows
- The price is affordable in comparison to the quality
- Wires are too short, just about 6 inches long
10. Rockford Fosgate R14X2 Prime 4-Inch Coaxial Speaker
This is another special type of Rockford, Fosgate R14X2 Prime 4 inch full range Coaxial 2-set speaker rated at 30 watts RMS is a new generation of factory replacement for you.
Comes with distinct kits such as two speakers with grille, mounting hardware and highly integrated tweeter crossovers.
Designed with a vacuum polypropylene cone with heavy rubber surround to pump out air waves. Its mounting hardware is built to firmly hold the speakers to its surface.
This 4″ full-range Rockford speaker offers superior sound quality at a fantastic value and manufacturer’s 1-year warranty.
Perfectly a good replacement for your factory speakers, it will compensate your investment with quality sound and you will enjoy every bit of it.
- Integrated crossover is concealed in the basket to create a cleaner look
- Easy installation.
- Delivers incredibly clear mids and highs
- Rubber surround built to pump great air waves that booms out heavy music rhythms
- Relatively affordable and guarantees value for your money
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Delivers crispy and crystal sound
- Packaged with grilles and mounting hardware.
- To get the very best from this speaker, there is need for additional amp or alternative source of a decent power output
How To Install Aftermarket Speaker On Any Car(VIDEO)
These 4 inch speakers are, in our opinion at the upper end of car audio but wow, they are worth every penny you pay to get any of them.
Most of them are easy to install and very affordable. However, there is the need for you to be very sure they can perfectly fit in to your OEM space in your car before placing your purchase order.
As it may be a fatal error should you need to get the product first before getting to know whether they are the real specifications you will need for an upgrading.
Also, where possible, let a professional install it for the best result, after all, the charges to pay cannot measure up to your desired enjoyment or the purchase price!
We hope you found our best 4 inch speaker for car review helpful, if you have a question or comment, leave it in the box below, we will be glad to hear from you.