Music is important, especially when you have to drive long distances. It can motivate you to keep going and make your journeys more fun. Most modern cars come with a built-in sound system but it’s usually not enough. AudioControl Black Trunk Equalizer is very popular equalizer
You yearn for a high-quality system that produces excellent sound. This is why it may be a good idea to go for an upgrade.
There are varying types of equalizers depending on the number of audio bands each change, and the EQL falls among the category of 2-channel equalizer features 13 bands of adjustment for sonic fine tuning, and we would be considering its features in this review.
If you have fundamental car audio installation skills, then this one will be easy for you to install, and it gives you control of the audio spectrum that allows you to get the most out of your car’s sound system.
You can also adjust the sound output to suit you. It sells on Amazon for about $229 and weighs about 3.44 pounds, with dimensions of 10.51 x 14.02 x 2.2 inches.
This Equaliser gives you six bands of equalization between 31.5 and 180 Hz, along with a rolloff filter that keeps ultra-low bass out of your subwoofer system, and this feature comes in handy because it has been discovered that most car audio problems occur in the bass frequencies; and the need to fix it.
Another thing is that it makes mid-subwoofers work better. It features 6 bands 1/2-octave wide (bass) and 7 bands 1-octave wide (mids and highs).
AudioControl EQL Mount Equaliser and Pre-amplifier Review
This product is among the best options out there. It offers some great features and is also pretty fun and easy to use. Moreover, it comes with a warranty. There’s also seven bands of equalization at octave intervals from 250 Hz all the way up and it stretches till 16,000 Hz for maximum level matching performance.
Once properly connected, the EQL makes it easy with the turn up feature which allows the input gain knobs level up until the indicator light flickers. In simpler terms, adjust the output knobs until the light indicates the proper output, and you are all set for optimum audio performance.
Interestingly, the Equaliser is compatible with just about any car stereo, even factory amps up to 400 watts— primarily because of the speaker-level inputs categorization. It is also a well balanced input system that rejects and/silences possible noise that is likely to be caused by your vehicle’s electrical system.
What is Product For?
The function of this car equalizer is to adjust audio input signals to achieve optimal sound quality.
Who Is It For And How Helpful Can It Be?
For those who enjoy quality music during a drive, you know that upgrading your car stereo and speakers is not enough. it is one of best Eql like Dewin Equalizer.
A car equalizer allows you to tailor the sound to what you like for that perfect audio experience, and this is just the car accessory for that.
FAQ’s Related too AudioControl EQL Black Trunk Mount Equalizer
What does this product weigh?
This product weighs about 3.44 pounds.
What are the item dimensions?
Product has dimensions of about 10.51 x 14.02 x 2.2 inches.
How much can I get this item for on Amazon?
This product sells on Amazon for about $229.
How To Install It In a Car
1) First you will need to mount the car equalizer into a location in your vehicle, such as underneath the drivers dashboard area or your car trunk and then run the wires through the car interior and into the car head unit’s location, so then you can reach the wires and connect them, then you can begin to hook it up.
2) Next make sure you switch off the car’s ignition, before you begin this installation, this is for your own safety, when connecting the wires. Then go ahead and remove the car stereo from the mounting cage, this is by first removing the fascia plastic trim and pull the deck out of the mounting cage, that is holding it in place.
3) You will notice on the rear of it 3 wires, a yellow wire, a blue wire with a white stripe going down it and a black wire. The yellow wire is the wire that connects to a 12-volt source. The blue wire is known as the ‘power control’ or ‘remote turn on wire’, which connects to the blue remote turn on wire on the wiring harness on the deck.
This wire tells the car equalizer to only turn on when you power on the radio, so the car equalizer doesn’t constantly drain power from the car battery when you’re not using it. The black wire is the ground.
4) Now look at the wires on the wiring harness, first look for a ground wire, it is a black colour, you can’t miss it. Once you have found it, connect the black wire from the car equalizer to the black wire on the deck’s wiring harness.
5) Now find the amplifier remote turn on wire on the wiring harness, it is a blue colour wire. Connect the blue wire with the blue wire with the white stripe from the car equalizer, to the blue wire on the wiring harness. Then find the yellow wire on the wiring harness and connect the yellow wire from the car equalizer to the yellow wire found on the wiring harness.
6) Once you have connected all three wires, using insulation tape, tape up the exposed copper braid of all of the wires because this prevents them touching each other and causing a short circuit or an electrical fire while you are driving.
7) Turn on the car’s ignition, to test the equipment, so power on the car radio and the car equalizer should automatically power on as well.
If it doesn’t come on, then check the fuse in the fuse holder for the car equalizer, usually found along the yellow wire, as it could be burnt out and check that you have connected the wires correctly.
8) If the car equalizer turns on, you can then replace the head unit back into the mounting cage, this is by pushing it forward and then fit the fascia trim back on.
- Easy to install.
- Compact size.
- Wide range of compatible car stereos.
- LED lights.
- Programmable Frequency Match (PFM) Subsonic Filter.
- Preamp and Speaker Level Inputs.
- Balanced Inputs.
- Input and Output Level Matching Controls.
- Stereo Equalization.
- The knobs tend to get gritty over prolonged use.
- The design is a bit outdated.
Surprisingly, the Audio Control Equaliser and Pre-amplifier works wonders with any 2 channel audio system: From existing factory installed setups to custom audiophile-grade systems.
Level-matching circuitry allows connection to either preamp-level or speaker-level inputs. The EQL also features thirteen-band, dual-bandwidth equalization and a Programmable Frequency Match (PFM) filter for precise bass control.
This product is one of the best out there and is a great choice for any car owner wanting to get this for his automobile.
We hope you found our AudioControl Black Trunk Equalizer helpful. If you have a comment or question, leave it in the box below, we will be glad to hear from you.